I was nominated for this award by two beautiful bloggers; Karen from Confetti & Curves and Chanelle from Chanelle Hayley. I absolutely adore both of these bloggers and their blogs so if you haven’t visited their pages yet then definitely go check them out. I am sure you will enjoy their lovely articles and personalities just as much as I do.
- State the name of the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
Ten random facts about me:
- My favourite magazine to read is the Elle Magazine.
- I love collecting perfume samples.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with all types of books especially second hand ones and books that have unusual binding.
- The first book I remember reading right to the end of it was Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I still love that book to this day.
- I am currently even more obsessed with red lipstick than usual especially matte orangey-reds.
- My hair has randomly got more naturally curly over the past year.
- I am addicted to Project Runway.
- I love looking at old photos.
- I really want to learn how to sew on a sewing machine.
- Pinterest is my favourite app on my phone.
1) Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always loved writing and I had a blog before which I didn’t take very seriously or put much effort into since I didn’t really know how so this was a chance to write about things I love and enjoy and learn how to actually manage a blog more effectively. Also, the majority people I spend time with aren’t really that into make-up so it gives me a chance to babble on about beautiful products to like-minded people.
2) When did you start wearing makeup?
I wasn’t supposed to wear make-up until I was 16 as a rule but at 14 I started just wearing mascara with the exception of ballet shows. Then it would be show make-up but yes, I would say it was when I was 14.
3) What are your top 5 favourite makeup products?
- Clarins Skin Illusion foundation (It’s just so beautiful and lovely)
- Clinique High Impact Mascara
- Elizabeth Arden Fragrance Free Eight Hour Cream
- Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
- Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in 069 – Go Chili
4) Drugstore or high end?
I like both. I love the pricing on drugstore make-up especially when the products are good quality but I love the quality of high end products as well and their packaging. I prefer to use high end products closer to my skin like foundations, etc. My skin is very sensitive and nothing that I have tried from the drugstore works for me but I think it’s a pretty equal split between my love for drugstore products and high end products. I love make-up, in general. I must say, though, there is something very satisfying about opening a high end make-up product.
5) What would be your dream job?
I used to be very sure of what I want to do in the future but I am a little unsure at the moment. I would love to blog full-time but I still have a long way to go before that is even remotely a viable option.
6) If you had to live with only 1 makeup product, what would it be?
Mascara. It’s the number 1 cure for exhausted eyes.
7) Lip gloss or Lipstick?
Lipstick and I are in a very exclusive relationship.
8) What’s your favourite hair product?
TRESemmé Oil Elixir.
9) What’s your favourite perfume?
Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium. I want that perfume in my collection so badly that it is as if it is oxygen to me. It’s a beautiful scent.
10) Why do you love beauty/fashion so much?
I love how you can be anyone you want on a day. You can create your own story and each person who sees you could have a different perception of who you are and your personal style on that day. You could be very feminine, you could be edgey, you could be adorable, you could be absolutely anything or anyone you feel like being in a moment with just a change of outfit and make-up. That is what I love about it. You can be whoever your mood dictates.
1) How many people have your told about your blog in real life?
It’s not something I advertise but I mention it if it comes up in conversation. I can’t give an exact number though. Quite a few people know about it.
2) How many foundations do you own?
I only own one. I am not a foundation hoarder since I get very nervous about trying new foundations because my skin is very sensitive to foundations.
3) What’s your favourite eyeshadow colour?
I love wearing reddish-browns. They really bring out the green in my eyes.
4) How much time do you spend doing your makeup on a daily basis?
I don’t wear make-up on an everyday basis but when I do I spend about 15 minutes to 30 minutes if I have time otherwise I will just throw on some mascara and a tinted lipbalm which takes approximately 3 minutes if I am really in a jam for time.
5) What’s your favourite makeup brush?
Angled make-up brushes and smokey eye brushes have changed my life.
6) When you go to a drugstore, what brand do you look for first?
L’Oréal is my absolute favourite drugstore make-up brand so you will likely find me there just after entering a drugstore.
7) What was your first makeup item?
Labello Glamorous Gloss in Red Ruby
8) Do you regularly or have ever self-tanned?
I have never self-tanned. I can’t be bothered. I would rather just embrace being pale and get a natural tan in summer.
9) How do you feel about overdrawn lips?
It’s not something I would do on myself but I think it looks good on the right person as long as it isn’t stupidly obvious that they are overdrawn.
10 ) Do you contour on a daily basis?
I never contour. I am terrified because, all too often, I see photos online where you can see a mile away that the person tried to contour. It needs to be so well blended and I am too impatient. I would rather spend that time making sure my eyeshadow is well blended. I don’t feel like my face needs more defining than just a pretty blush. That’s it for the questions…
My lovely nominees are:
- The Beauty Box
- Helpless Whilst Drying
- The Pink Impact
- Nerdy Librarian Girl
- Stephie Estie
- Tanya’s Runway
- Dream and Dazzle
- Rachel Ellis Fashion & Beauty
My nominees can choose between the questions I received from Karen and the questions I received from Chanelle to answer. Please don’t feel any pressure to accept the nomination though. Thank you again to Chanelle and Karen for the nomination. Please go support their lovely blogs!