I was tagged to complete the TMI tag by the lovely Galit from Coffee n’ Notes. If you haven’t visited her blog before I definitely recommend that you do. Beside her lovely blog content Galit is also an incredibly friendly and welcoming person .
The Questions I was Tagged to Answer:
1. What are you wearing?
I am currently in shorts and a tank top. It’s so hot in Cape Town today. I have been staying as close to the fan as possible the entire day because I am a little bit worried I might melt if I stray too far from it. 😀
2. Ever been in love?
No, not yet. My time will come.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup?
No. I have actually never been in a relationship before.
4. How tall are you?
Approximately 4’11 ( 150 cm )
5. How much do you weigh?
My weight fluctuates quite often but I currently weigh somewhere between 46- and 48 kg at the moment.
6. Any tattoos?
7. Any piercings?
Only the conventional ear piercings in my ear lobes.
I had to think about this for a bit and even after thinking about it I can’t really come up with anyone whose relationship I look at and think that they are just the most amazing couple other than Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman on YouTube. They are the sweetest couple!
9. Favorite show?
This is a difficult one for me to answer. Can I have four favourites?I love Supernatural, Dexter and House. I think those three are my all-time favourites. I also recently started watching Scorpion and I love it!
It takes quite a lot to impress me with a show. I get irritated with characters and story-lines very easily.
10. Favorite bands?
Kings of Leon, 3 Doors Down, Aerosmith, ACDC, Creed and courtesy of a recommendation from a good friend of mine, I have been loving Alt J.
Those are just a few I thought of off the top of my head. There are many more I love.
11. Something you miss?
I often miss my childhood days when I reminisce. It was such a simple time and I was absolutely never bored. I always found something to do whether it was climbing an impossibly high tree, making “food” in plastic dishes with mud or just running around with no cares in the world. I have so many wonderful memories from my childhood and I will forever cherish them.
12. Favorite song?
I am going to cheat with this too and list four:
- Your Rocky Spine – The Great Lake Swimmers – I often listen to this song when I am starting to get a bit sleepy but I am still too awake to fall asleep. It just makes me feel so relaxed. It’s another wonderful recommendation from the same friend who recommended Alt J to me.
- Bob Seger – Rock and Roll Never Forgets – It’s just one of those songs that helps me completely forget all my inhibitions and I dance like there is no tomorrow. I always put it on really loud. 😀
- ACDC – Back in Black – This is another song that just makes me feel more free than an eagle and I am nearly guaranteed to start jumping around to.
- Creed – One Last Breath – This is a song I always listen to when I am feeling down and it makes me feel human again. I listen to it when I am myself too though. It’s a song I grew up listening to due to my brother’s influence and I had actually forgotten about it until probably the middle of last year when someone in my class started singing it quite often. Of course, it got stuck in my head particularly because a part of my subconscious mind recognised it so I made it my mission to find out what song it was and when I found it I was absolutely mind-blown by the fact that it just popped back into my life as it had again. It is now the most played song on my phone and it follows me everywhere including when I am not playing it myself. It just magically pops up. 😀
13. How old are you?
14. Zodiac sign?
15. Quality you look for in a partner?
I love intelligence and a wonderful sense of humour. They would also have to understand sarcasm otherwise the relationship will never work. I would be in trouble far too often.
16. Favorite Quote?
I don’t really have a favourite quote at the moment but the one that sprang to mind when I read the question was an Audrey Hepburn quote.
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible’.”
17. Favorite actor?
Rosamund Pike considering her brilliant performance in Gone Girl and Jensen Ackles because even though he is fourteen years older than I am, I would still marry him because he is so gorgeous.
18. Favorite color?
19. Loud music or soft?
Music always sounds better loud.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad?
My room is my safe haven. That is where I will usually be with earphones in my ears. I like to be alone when I am upset. Otherwise, I will be out going for a jog but that’s mainly if I am angry rather than if I am sad.
21. How long does it take you to shower?
Apparently too long. I always get into trouble for that. 😀
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
That depends on my mood and what I need to do. Sometimes it will take me half an hour, other times it will take me an hour and a half.
23. Ever been in a physical fight?
No, I am not very violent. It would take quite a lot for me to actually physically attack or hurt someone. I sort out my problems verbally or in writing.
24. Turn on?
Intelligence, a good sense of humour and I have a thing for hands and arms. Particularly hands. Big hands that have prominent veins on them from strength are very attractive to me. I am not sure if that is quite normal but it doesn’t matter. 😀
I also like it when a guy is slightly arrogant. I find it very sexy if he believes in himself but it mustn’t be over-the-top arrogance that makes me think he is incredibly vain.
25. Turn off?
Bad manners and smoking are the two that spring to mind immediately. I also don’t particularly like piercings and tattoos.
26. The reason I made a blog?
I love writing and after a few failed attempts at having a blog prior to Ladies & Lace’s birth, I really wanted my own space where I could incorporate a bit of everything which I love and share my experiences.
I hate cockroaches, spiders and my ultimate fear; snakes.
28. Last thing that made you cry?
I don’t remember in which sequence these occurred so I shall list them both:
The thing I think was last was reading all the beautiful, supportive comments on my #TakeBackWhatsYours Campaign post. I honestly felt quite emotional writing it and then the support I got was just absolutely overwhelming and I am so grateful for the response I got.
The other thing that might have been the last thing to make me cry was a heart-to-heart conversation I had with a friend of mine.
29. Last time you said you loved someone?
Today after I went running with my neighbour’s dogs I was getting tons of love from the one dog and I really do love him so much so I told him and gave him a big hug. He is such a special dog!
30. Meaning behind your blog Name?
When I was busy designing my blog I thought about what I wanted it to be like and about. I wanted it to be a platform for ladies to receive information and possibly inspiration as well as to share it with others. Although my blog isn’t aimed directly at women, I realised that the majority of my readers would be women which is where the “Ladies” part comes from. As far as “Lace” is concerned, well, I just absolutely adore lace. There will never be enough of it in my life and since this blog chronicles my own experiences, I needed something in the name which partly represents who I am as a person.
31. Last book you read?
Animal Farm by George Orwell.
32. The book you’re currently reading?
A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Mara. I started reading it during my November exams and I just haven’t had the time since then to finish it.
33. Last show you watched?
34. Last person you talked to?
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
My best friend.
36. Favorite food?
Chicken stir fry
37. Place you want to visit?
I want to travel through all of Europe but particularly England, Greece, France and Italy.
38. Last place you were?
The park close to my home.
39. Do you have a crush?
Hahaha maybe I do, maybe I don’t. 😉
41. Last time you were insulted?
I actually can’t remember.
42. Favorite flavor of sweet?
I am not such a big fan of sweet things. If I had to choose though, probably strawberry.
43. What instruments do you play?
Unfortunately, none. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano though.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry?
Probably this ring. I got it from my mom for my eighteenth so it’s a relatively new addition to my ring collection.
45. Last sport you played?
Does running with two border collies who have far too much energy for their own good count? 😛 I have never really played any sport. I was always a dancer.
46. Last song you sang?
Rock And Roll Never Forgets – Bob Seger
47. Favorite chat up line?
Science pick up lines are my favourite! 😀
My friend, Megan ( Who also has a blog, Triumphs and Tears. ), and I are forever walking into each other for no real reason. It just happens like a magnet so a joke originated from our bumping into each other which soon turned into nicknames which we have for each other. She is my Magnesium Electron and I am her Diatomic Nitrogen. Since she is the electron, I am the proton and since unlike charges attract each other ( Positive attracts negative and vice versa ) we are, therefore, attracted to each other which is why we always bump into each other. 😀 Hahaha see, our friendship is explained by science. I shall stop rambling on about electrostatics now, however. 😀
48. Have you ever used it?
Only jokingly. I was never trying to actually pick-up the people I used them on.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone?
Earlier today. I spent time with my mom.
50. Who should answer these questions next?
I tag everyone reading this who wants to tackle this tag themselves. 😀