Since I had quite a bit of fun getting dressed up for Christmas, I had a bit of fun with my make-up too and wore quite a bit more than I usually do and I had so much fun playing and ultimately messing.
Before I get into the products I chose, I just want to share my inspiration for this look. One of my friends bought these absolutely gorgeous garnet earrings for me as a Christmas present and I really just felt like doing something a little darker and more “romantic” than usual.
- Foundation: Clarins Skin Illusion in 107 – Beige
- Eye shadow: Essence All About Nude Pallet in 01 – Nude & Essence Quattro eyeshadow in 05 – To Die For
- Essence Extra Longlasting Eyeliner Pen
- Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04 – On the Catwalk
- BioNike Defence Colour Sculpt Mascara
- Essence Eyeshadow Brush
- Essence Smokey Eye Brush
- An angled brush from a set of Forever New brushes I received as a gift last year. (The brushes don’t have names) – For more gifts which you can purchase from Forever New visit their gifts page –
I decided on a subtle winged liner and light shading in the crease. The camera unfortunately didn’t pick the crease shading up very well but I tried my best to get a photo of it.
Excuse the very strange angle. I was getting quite frustrated because I could see the shading in the mirror but it didn’t show up on camera.
I used this light colour where the brush is from the All About Nude pallet all over my eyelid.
I used this lighter brown through my crease.
On an angled brush, I took this darkest brown shade halfway across my lower lash line which also didn’t show up in the pictures so well but it does here:
I also took the shimmery white shade from the Quattro pallet on the inner corner of my eyes.
On a side note, I really love this foundation. It feels and looks like my own skin when it’s on except better, the coverage is natural and it doesn’t cling to dry patches which I often have quite a problem with especially on my forehead. It has a tendency to get quite flakey at times. Also, it didn’t make me break out which a lot of foundations do to me.
My hair was a little unruly and I didn’t realise until I transferred the photos to my computer. 😀 Hahaha
I hope that everyone who celebrates Christmas had an amazing day!