This smoothie is a variation of the previous smoothie recipe I posted. The only difference is that instead of using papaya, I used melon. I would have never thought of this combination but the other day my mother couldn’t find papaya at the shop close by so she brought melon instead. I took the chance and combined it with my usual smoothie ingredients as a papaya substitute and really enjoyed it.
- 500 ml rice milk
I use Nature’s Choice rice milk powder which I mix with water. This milk is cholesterol free, lactose free, soya free and preservative free. For this particular recipe, I mixed 100 ml of rice milk powder into 500 ml of water.
- Half a melon
- 2 whole bananas
- 1 whole kiwi
- Measure 500 ml of water into a blender
- Measure 100 ml of rice milk powder and add it to the contents of the blender
- Blend the mixture
- Cut a melon into half and remove the seeds and skin
- Cut the melon you are going to be using into smaller pieces and add to the blender (The pieces don’t need to be very small. The blender will chop them anyway)
- Peel the bananas, break them in half and add to the blender
- Remove the skin from the kiwi, cut it in half and add to the contents of the blender
- Blend everything together
- Enjoy your smoothie
I apologise for the pictures not being great. Funny enough, the melon was misbehaving. It kept rolling around on the shelf where I was photographing the smoothie. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get it to stay in one place. It’s a funny story, actually. Eventually, I got it to stay in place by putting little decorative porcelain hearts under it. The things we do for the love of blogging. 😀