Sorry that it took me so long to respond to your nomination, Leah. This is the first chance I have had to sit down and really think.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
- Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
11 facts about me
- I love exercising yet I tend to procrastinate it.
- I adore books of all shapes and sizes.
- People seldom expect that I love rock music.
- My favourite colour is red.
- Even though Jensen Ackles from Supernatural is 15 years older than I am, I would still marry him. He is gorgeous.
- I’m very short.
- I love candles. I always feel so relaxed when there is a candle burning.
- I am a bit of a notebook horder.
- Make that a horder of everything that even has the slightest sentimental value.
- I tend to be very indecisive and might change my mind at the very last minute.
- I love dancing and particularly moments where I start dancing for no reason.
Leah’s questions to me
1. What are your favorite makeup brands?
Definitely Chanel! It’s too pricey for me to own many of their products but I had my make-up done at a Chanel counter once or twice and my skin looked and felt amazing for days after.
2. What’s your lucky/favorite number?
I don’t really believe in the whole lucky number thing but I like the numbers 2 and 3. I am not sure why.
3. What’s your favorite food or type of food?
I absolutely love chicken stir fry.
4. What’s your favorite movie genre?
This is an utter paradox but I love thrillers and romances.
5. Milk chocolate, white chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Since I am allergic to lactose, I don’t eat chocolate.
6. If you knew what you know now, would you do things over?
No, I don’t think I would. The things I have done wrong in the past has made me who I am today and those lessons are priceless. Life is also really too short for regrets.
7. Lipstick or lipgloss?
As of recently, definitely lipstick.
8. Would you rather shop online or physically go to the store?
I would definitely rather shop in store. I love the thrill of seeing beautiful items and trying them all on even if I don’t buy them. That can’t be done online.
9. Who is someone you look up to? (Family member, celebrity, etc)
My brother. At only 26, he has his own business, is married and has a beautiful little daughter who he is a wonderful father to. He wears so many hats and he wears them all so well.
10. What’s one trait you look for in the opposite sex?
I find highly intelligent males extremely attractive. If he isn’t moderately intelligent, at least, it’s a bit of a deal-breaker for me. I want someone who can teach me things I didn’t know and hold long conversations.
11. What’s your favorite season?
Right now, it’s summer.
Ashleigh’s questions to me
1. What is your favourite season of the year? and why?
Summer. I love the sunshine. It recharges me in a way that I never feel recharged in winter. I have so much more energy when the weather is lovely. Another reason is that I hate layering clothing. I live for the days when I can only have a single layer on.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I love writing and after a few unsuccessful starts to other blogs, I decided to do it for me.
3. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to have alone-time and just relax with a journal in hand or music in my ears. Sometimes I love dancing around like a maniac. It all depends on how I am feeling and what happened in the day prior to my relaxation time. I also tend to enjoy going for a jog sometimes.
4. What is your favourite makeup related product?
Probably Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream. It moisturises my lips so well and I especially love it on those days when my lips are in need of some intensive moisturising.
5. What is your most prized possession?
That is debatable. It would have to be either my journals, photographs or my memory box.
6. What is your favourite quote and by whom?
I have no idea who the author is but this quote recently had me quite mind-blown:
7. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I am secretly a romantic. I suppose one guilty pleasure would be reading Romeo and Juliet over and over again even though the characters actually frustrate me.
8. Who is your inspiration and why?
I draw inspiration from things I witness rather than a specific person.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I am very happy where I am at the moment but a part of me wants to live in London for a while and experience it. I think that’s where I would live if anywhere other than here.
10. What is your idea of heaven?
A place where no pain, cruelty or treachery takes place and an abundance of love exists.
11. What has been your biggest challenge?
I think the biggest challenge I have faced this far was my decision to stop ballet. I cried crocodile tears for days at the slightest mention of it and for days after I had let my teacher know I was stopping too. I knew it was what I needed to do because I was going to benefit from it but I didn’t want to stop because I loved it. I still love it and I know I always will but it was a decision I had to make. I still miss it with all my heart and I long to go back but I also realise that I have benefited from the extra time in my schedule.
It might seem like an insignificant, minute challenge to some but that was eleven years in a dance studio I was giving up. I was actually in my twelfth year of ballet when I stopped and it wasn’t really just a hobby or something I did for the sake of health. I really loved it with all my heart and I still do. It was the most difficult decision I have ever had to make.
My questions to my nominees
- What is the one song that always makes you feel like dancing?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- What’s your favourite perfume?
- What is your go-to method for feeling a bit of extra confidence?
- Is there a song that reminds you of your childhood? What is it?
- What is your favourite flower?
- What is the make-up product on the top of your wish list at the moment?
- Would you rather splurge on clothing or shoes and why?
- What is your favourite place to be?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- If you were given the opportunity to have anything you want in the world, at this very moment, what would it be and why?
Thank you so much for the nominations! And to my nominees, don’t feel any pressure to complete this and if you do want to, do it at your own leisure.