I was unsure of what to have for breakfast this morning. I quickly decided on a smoothie when I saw there was fruit in the house which I could make use of. As I lead a dairy free lifestyle, I thought this would be a good article for the blog especially for anyone else who also leads a dairy free lifestyle.
- 500 ml rice milk
I use Nature’s Choice rice milk powder which I mix with water. This milk is cholesterol free, lactose free, soya free and preservative free. For this particular recipe, I mixed 100 ml of rice milk powder into 500 ml of water.
- Half a papaya
- 2 whole bananas
- 1 whole kiwi
- Measure 500 ml of water into a blender
- Measure 100 ml of rice milk powder and add it to the contents of the blender
- Blend the mixture
- Cut a papaya into half and remove the seeds and skin
- Cut the papaya you are going to be using into smaller pieces and add to the blender (The pieces don’t need to be very small. The blender will chop them anyway)
- Peel the bananas, break them in half and add to the blender
- Remove the skin from the kiwi, cut it in half and add to the contents of the blender
- Blend everything together
- Enjoy your smoothie