As someone with many allergies, I know how limiting certain they can be.
These cupcakes are not only a substitute for cakes that might be a problem for those with allergies to dairy and egg, but they are also a slightly healthier alternative to the conventional cupcake. It is a recipe everyone can enjoy and it is time efficient.
- 400 ml cake flour
- 125 ml vanilla castor sugar
- 10 ml baking powder
- 1 ml salt
- 200 ml water
- 70 ml sunflower oil
- Set oven at 180°C
- Measure dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add water and oil
- Mix well
- Place a table spoon-full of the mixture into each of your paper cases ( alternatively you could just use a baking tray without the paper cases)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (usually 15 minutes but I check them at 12 minutes)
- Leave to cool down
- Ice and decorate as desired
If you recreate this recipe, please, let me know what you think. I would love to know.