Next week Thursday is a special day in my life which will be celebrated by dressing up in costumes. For my costume, I decided on a 1920’s theme.
This make-up seems more inspired by the 1950’s but I couldn’t resist. Winged liner with a barely-there eyeshadow has become one of my absolute favourite eye make-up looks recently. I am a huge red lipstick lover. I particularly love this shade of red. It’s a blue-toned red so it also makes my teeth look stunningly white. It didn’t take much for me to be convinced to wear red on my lips.
I still have so much to learn when it comes to applying make-up. I am absolutely useless with a make-up brush in hand, therefore, I decided to revert to my trusted liquid liner. Since it’s Friday as well, I decided to not bother with my messy hair. I am not a fan of doing my hair and this morning I was particularly against doing anything with it so I just tied it into a bun after washing it.
For this look, I used:
1. Essence all about nude eyeshadow pallet (I only used the matte nude colour in the centre of the top row.
2. Essence waterproof eyeliner pen (This decided that it was at it’s last when I attempted my left eye so I used Essence longlasting eye pencil in number 01-Black Fever to finish my left eye’s liner)
3.Essence big bright eyes highlight it… nude to line my waterline and to highlight the inner corners of my eyes.
4. BioNike Defence Color sculpt mascara
5. Revlon Photoready 3D volume mascara
6. BioNike Defence Color lifting foundation in number 01-Opale
7. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm concealer in 2-fair
8. Essence eyebrow designer in 02-Brown
9. Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in 10-Precious Posy
10. Essence lipliner in number 10-Femme Fatale
11. Revlon Super Lustrous creme lipstick in 069-Go Chilli
For more information on this lipstick, see my article on the start to my lipstick collection.